We are a non-denominational church in fellowship with network churches of Calvary Chapel Association. We are fully committed to fulfill the mission of our Lord as found in the Great Command and Great Commission (Matthew 22:37-39 and Matthew 29:19-20).
We believe that a healthy church is a well fed church and thus we place a great deal of emphasis on the systematic verse by verse study of the entire Bible. The practical application of that study guides our worship of God and our service to one another.
Church government of Calvary Chapel is modeled after the Old Testament theocratic government under God. Moses was called by God to lead the nation of Israel, but Moses appointed men (elders) to help carry the burden of caring for the needs of the people. Later on the Synagogue system followed a similar pattern of government that eventually became the pattern for the church government. We believe we follow that model. Church government is very simple, not a complex bureaucracy of committees and sub-committees. We believe that Christ is the head of the church, and the pastor is responsible for the church God has called him to. The pastor is responsible to hear from God, to feed and love God's people faithfully. When a congregation grows and elders are needed, they are appointed to help the pastor care for the spiritual needs of the congregation, to pray with and for him, and to provide counsel...We are neither formal and rigid, nor careless or unstructured in our ministry. Rather we believe our ministry is open and relevant to the spiritual needs of people today. Jesus said in John's Gospel (chapter 15) that if we abide in Him and His Word abides in us, our lives will be fruitful, joyful and overflowing with His agape love, which this world we live in so desperately needs.
Statement of Faith
Calvary Chapel has been formed as a fellowship of believers in the Lordship of Jesus Christ. Our supreme desire is to know Christ and be conformed to His image by the power of the Holy Spirit. We are not a denominational church, nor are we opposed to denominations as such; only to their over-emphasis of the doctrinal differences that have led to the division of the Body of Christ.
1. We believe in the inerrancy of Scripture; that the Bible (Old and New Testaments) is the inspired, infallible Word of God.
2. We believe that God is eternally existent in three separate persons; Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
3. We believe that God, the Father, is the personal, transcendent, and sovereign Creator of all things.
4. We believe that Jesus Christ is fully God and fully human, that He was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, provided for the atonement of our sins by His vicarious death on the cross as God poured out His wrath upon Him in our stead. That He was bodily resurrected by the power of the Holy Spirit, ascended back to the right hand of God the Father, and ever lives to make intercession for us.
After Jesus ascended to Heaven, He poured out His Holy Spirit on believers in Jerusalem, enabling them to fulfill His command to preach the Gospel to the entire world; an obligation shared by all believers today.
5. We believe that all people are by nature separated from God and responsible for their own sin, but that salvation, redemption, and forgiveness are freely offered to all by the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ. When a person repents of sin and accepts Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior, trusting Him to save, that person is immediately born again and sealed by the Holy Spirit, all of his/her sins are forgiven, and that person becomes a child of God, destined to spend eternity with the Lord.
6. We await the pre-tribulation rapture of the church, and we believe that the Second Coming of Christ with His saints to rule the earth will be personal, pre-millennial, and visible. This motivates us to holy living, heartfelt worship, committed service, diligent study of God’s Word, regular fellowship, participation in adult baptism by immersion and Holy Communion.
7. We believe in the gifts of the Holy Spirit mentioned in the Scripture, and that they are valid for today and are to be exercised within scriptural guidelines. We, as believers, are to covet the best gifts, seeking to exercise them in love that the whole Body of Christ might be edified. We believe that love is more important than the most spectacular gifts, and without love, all exercise of spiritual gifts is worthless.
8. We reject the belief that true Christians can be demon possessed
9. We reject the fifth point of Calvinism” (i.e., a fatalistic Calvinistic view that leaves no room for free will; specifically, we reject the belief that Christ’s atonement was limited; instead, we believe that He died for all people, and we reject the assertion that God’s wooing grace cannot be resisted or that He has elected some people to go to hell; instead, we believe that anyone who genuinely responds to the Gospel will be saved)
10. We reject “positive confession” (the faith movement belief that God can be commanded to heal or work miracles according to man’s will)
11. We reject human “prophecy” that supersedes the Scriptures
12. We reject the incorporation of humanistic and secular psychology and philosophy into Biblical teaching or counseling.
13. We reject the overemphasis of the spiritual gifts, experiential signs and wonders to the exclusion of Biblical teaching.
14. We reject the unbiblical teaching that a woman can exercise authority over the men in the church by assuming role of pastor or teacher, while we do recognize and affirm the important role of women in the church as teachers of women and children.
15. We reject the unbiblical belief that homosexuals can be ordained to the ministry or serve in any capacity within the church while practicing that lifestyle.
16. This Church recognizes marriage as exclusively the legal union of one man and one woman.
17. We believe that legitimate sexual relations are exercised solely within marriage. Hence, sexual activities, such as, but not limited to, adultery, fornication, incest, homosexuality, and bestiality are inconsistent with the teachings of the Bible and the Church. Further, lascivious behavior, the creation and/or distribution and/or viewing of pornography, and efforts to alter one’s gender are incompatible with the biblical witness.
18. We believe that church disciplinary measures brought against those who attend this church should be in accordance with Matthew 18:15-17.
19. Every pastor, pastoral assistant, board member, employee or volunteer shall be in good standing and affirm his or her agreement with the beliefs, of this church. A pastor, pastoral assistant, board member, employee, or volunteer whose confession of faith, or behavior, is in conflict with biblical beliefs will be subject to removal from his or her position in the church
20. We believe in the restoration of repentant brothers and sisters in Christ in accordance with 2 Corinthians 2:7-8
21. We believe that the church government should be simplistic rather than a complex bureaucracy, and that we depend on the Holy Spirit to lead the pastor while he seeks assistance and advice from the board of directors. (See By-Laws)
22. We seek to teach the Word of God in such a way that its message can be applied to the individual’s life, leading that person to a greater maturity in Christ and personal holiness.
23. In our services, we focus on a personal relationship with God through worship, prayer, and the teaching of the Word of God using primarily expositional but topical methods as well.
24. We believe worship of God should be spiritual; therefore, we remain flexible and yielded to the leading of the Holy Spirit to direct our worship.
25. We believe worship of God should be inspirational; therefore, we give great place to music in our worship.
26. We believe worship of God should be intelligent; therefore, our services are designed with great emphasis upon the teaching of the Word of God that He might instruct us on how He should be worshipped.
27. We believe worship of God should be fruitful; therefore, we look for His love and holiness in our lives as the supreme manifestation that we have been truly worshipping Him.